Exercise Your Power to Choose
Competition in any industry means more choices for customers. As a customer in a deregulated utility market, you can shop for electricity supply the same way you shop for other services – by comparing prices, and choosing options, terms and plans that best suit your needs.
Top Questions to Ask a Supplier
- What is your rate per usage (kWh)?
- What does this price include?
- Is this a fixed rate or does it vary depending on: market price, time‐of‐day, or after a certain amount of time?
- If this is a fixed rate, how long does it stay fixed?
- Are there any additional charges, like a monthly customer charge or other fees?
- What is the term of the agreement and what happens when my agreement comes to an end?
- Are your charges included in my utility bill or will I receive a separate bill?
- Is there a security deposit or early termination (cancellation) fees?
- Do you guarantee savings?
- When will I receive my first bill?
- Who do I contact about billing questions?
- What is your Customer Service phone number? Can I contact you by email?
Other Useful Resources