Searching for a new energy supplier can feel like trying to identify the brightest window on Boston’s evening skyline. With so many options, it can be difficult to select the most vibrant light or even the most attractive building. But if you’re willing to start searching, you’ll discover that third-party energy suppliers offer Massachusetts residents options that fit your lifestyle and your budget.
What Third-Party Energy Suppliers Actually Do
In order to choose the best company for your needs, it’s important to understand what a third-party energy supplier actually does, both in the market and for you as the consumer. In the state of Massachusetts, third-party energy suppliers are technically called “competitive power suppliers”—which might be the most accurate description ever. In states that allow competition for electricity, suppliers create their own plans and set their own prices to compete for your business. It’s that simple. You get the advantage of choosing which company best fits your needs and the market benefits from a healthy dose of competition.
If you’re looking for a better deal on your electricity, you want more details on how this system benefits you. Third-party energy suppliers give their customers an incredible amount of flexibility, allowing you to choose a plan that makes sense for you:
- Fixed-rate or market-rate plans. This is one of the most important benefits that competitive suppliers offer. You have the choice to secure a fixed rate per kWh, which means that your bill will only vary based on your usage. When electricity prices skyrocket (just like Boston’s real estate market), you’re protected. On the other hand, you also have the choice to go with a market-rate plan if you decide it’s more financially advantageous for your situation. With third-party energy suppliers, it’s your choice!
- Long-term or short-term contracts. If you’re trying to switch electricity companies, you already know the burden of breaking a contract. The best third-party energy suppliers let you choose anywhere from 6 months to 36 months, depending on the supplier, and anywhere in between. You have the flexibility to decide your next move.
- Green or traditional energy generation. Interested in saving the planet with your electricity bill? Third-party energy suppliers give you the option of supporting electricity coming from renewable sources, including Massachusetts’ new solar photovoltaic facilities. That’s an incredibly empowering choice that allows you to have a part in creating a cleaner, healthier world.
In general, when the market is open to consumer choice, customers benefit from having more and better choices. As a third-party energy supplier ourselves, we offer several electricity plans for Massachusetts customers as innovative alternatives to traditional utility companies. Companies like us aim to provide customers with the best electricity plans available that perfectly suit each individual’s unique needs, empowering you to make choices that make sense for you and your family. You get to decide where your money goes and electricity companies have more flexibility to provide options that fit your lifestyle.
Exploring Third-Party Energy Suppliers in Massachusetts
A deregulated electricity market is fantastic for many reasons, but it can be tricky to see all of your options at one time. Your area may be fully saturated with companies competing for your business and it may be difficult to make accurate comparisons. At Liberty Power, we’re dedicated to making your life easier by giving you all the information you need to make an educated decision about third-party energy suppliers.
If you’re looking to find a new energy supplier, here are a few helpful resources you can consult:
- This list of approved competitive energy suppliers provided by the EOEEA, which lets you see which companies are active in your city and provides quick links to each company’s website and contact info.
- The American Council on Renewable Energy’s overview of the renewable resource energy market in Massachusetts. You’ll learn more about which projects you might like to support, and how your dollars are making a difference when you choose a green energy plan.
When you’ve found your perfect fit, the next step is to simply make one phone call. Reach out to the energy company you’d like to do business with, and they’ll walk you through the simple process of switching providers. You’ll be well on your way to a better deal by the time you hang up.
Making the Switch
Switching energy providers can seem like a risky process at first. There’s so much you don’t know about working with a new company, and it may seem safer to stick with the provider you already contract with. However, a better plan, a better price, and a better customer experience are yours for the taking if you’re willing to make the switch!
If you’ve discovered the benefits of third-party energy suppliers and you’ve done your research to find the perfect company, you’re all set to start harvesting the fruits of your labor: a better deal on your monthly electric bill and a stellar experience overall. What are you waiting for?
At Liberty Power, we know that our customers value the facts. That’s why we do our best to provide the most accurate and helpful information available to help you choose the perfect energy supplier. If you want to get started by looking into a third-party energy supplier with experience and dedication to customer satisfaction, reach out to us today.
Photo Credit: Zoltan Kovacs