View by state, simply click on the plus sign to expand your state and select your utility company.
Exercise Your Power to Choose
Competition in any industry means more choices for customers. As a customer in a deregulated utility market, you can shop for electricity supply the same way you shop for other services – by comparing prices, and choosing options, terms and plans that best suit your needs.
Top Questions to Ask a Supplier
- What is your rate per usage (kWh)?
- What does this price include?
- Is this a fixed rate or does it vary depending on: market price, time‐of‐day, or after a certain amount of time?
- If this is a fixed rate, how long does it stay fixed?
- Are there any additional charges, like a monthly customer charge or other fees?
- What is the term of the agreement and what happens when my agreement comes to an end?
- Are your charges included in my utility bill or will I receive a separate bill?
- Is there a security deposit or early termination (cancellation) fees?
- Do you guarantee savings?
- When will I receive my first bill?
- Who do I contact about billing questions?
- What is your Customer Service phone number? Can I contact you by email?
- Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC): www.icc.illinois.gov/electricity/
- Plug In Illinois: www.pluginillinois.org/
- Electric Choice and Aggregation Videos from Ameren Illinois
- Learn about your electric options and how Ameren Illinois fits into the picture www.ameren.com/sites/aiu/MyHome/Pages/ChoiceVideos.aspx
- Learn how to shop for a third-party energy supplier and steps to make an informed decision www.ameren.com/sites/aiu/MyHome/Pages/ChoiceVideos.aspx
- Understanding Energy from ComEd
- Electricity 101: www.comed.com/education/understanding-energy/Pages/electricity-101.aspx
- How the System Works: www.comed.com/education/understanding-energy/Pages/how-the-system-works.aspx
- Energy Terms: www.comed.com/education/understanding-energy/Pages/energy-terms.aspx
Glossary of Terms: www.pluginillinois.org/glossary.aspx
- ActOnEnergy (from Ameren Illinois for energy efficiency tips and access to programs, rebates and incentives): www.actonenergy.com
- Power Sources, A guide to renewable and non-renewable electricity sources: www.maine.gov/mpuc/electricity/archive/electric_restructuring/PowerSources.pdf
- Small Business Power Guide, A guide to Electric Restructuring for small businesses: www.maine.gov/mpuc/electricity/archive/electric_restructuring/Small%20Business%20Power%20Guide.pdfMaine Public Utilities Commission: www.state.me.us/mpuc
- Maryland Public Service Commission (PSC): www.psc.state.md.us
- Delmarva Power Standard Offer Service (SOS) price to compare: www.delmarva.com/home/choice/md/sospricing/
- Smart Meter 101 Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPi3kRRmkPU&feature=relmfu
- PeakRewards, a BGE Smart Energy Savers Program®: http://peakrewards.bgesmartenergy.com/
- Pepco Standard Offer Service (SOS) price to compare: www.pepco.com/business/choice/md/sospricing/
- Pepco Self-Service App (for iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry): www.pepco.com/home/emergency/mobileapp/
- State of New Jersey Board of Public Utilities: www.state.nj.us/bpu
- New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program®: www.njcleanenergy.com/
- Residential Rebates and Promotions: www.njcleanenergy.com/main/rebates-and-promotions/rebates-and-promotions
- Orange & Rockland Customer Communications: www.oru.com/programsandservices/customercommunications/index.html
- PSEG Home Energy Calculator™: http://c03.apogee.net/calcs/rescalc5x/Question.aspx?hostheader=pseg&utilityid=pseg
- Follow JCP&L on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JCP_L
- State Utility Commission: www.dps.ny.gov/
- O&R’s PowerSwitch: www.oru.com/programsandservices/powerswitch/index.html
- O&R’s Rebate and Incentive Programs: www.oru.com/programsandservices/incentivesandrebates/index.html
- ConEdison the power of green tips: www.coned.com/thepowerofgreen/tips/001.asp
- ConEdison Power App (for iPhone or iPod touch): www.coned.com/thepowerofgreen/iphone.asp
- ConEdison the Power of Green (energy efficiency): www.coned.com/energyefficiency/
- NYSEG Energy Efficiency Programs: http://www.nyseg.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html
- RGE Energy Efficiency Programs: http://www.rge.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html
- Follow ConEdison, the Power of Green on Facebook: www.facebook.com/powerofgreen
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO): www.puco.ohio.gov
- Electric Customers’ Bill of Rights: www.puco.ohio.gov/puco/index.cfm/consumer-information/consumer-topics/electric-customers39-bill-of-rights/
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC): www.puc.state.pa.us
- PA Power Switch: www.papowerswitch.com/
- “Shop. Switch. Save”: www.papowerswitch.com/download/brochure-shop-switch-save.pdf
- Take Action at Home (learn about energy efficiency): http://thinkenergy.org/programs/take-action-at-home/pennsylvania/