Liberty Power News
For updated articles on a variety of topics including energy tips and savings, technology innovations, energy and your business, green advances and even a few Liberty Power updates (it is our company’s blog after all), please visit us at our new Blog location!
Liberty Power has received reports from customers regarding scams that trick customers into purchasing a gift card or money pack in order to pay a Liberty Power bill. Scammers may also try to trick customers into making an unnecessary bill payment. The scammer will claim the customer’s account is past due and payment must be made immediately to avoid service disconnection.
If someone comes to your door or calls you with these kinds of payment requests, please do not give them any money.
Liberty Power will never request that you purchase a gift card in order to pay your bill or keep your service on, and we never use door-to-door reps for collections.
If you receive a Liberty Power bill, here are your methods of payment: a check sent via US Postal Service, by phone with a Customer Care and/or Collections Specialist using your credit card or check-by-phone, or online at https://libertypowercorp.com/billpay using your credit or debit card. Please call Customer Care at 1-866-769-3799 with any questions Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
Please contact Liberty Power immediately at 1-866-769-3799 if you’ve received a call or visit similar to this, and do not provide financial information to the scammer.
“How can I identify a Liberty Power representative?”
Before any service disconnection can take place, Liberty Power is required to send a written notice to any customer in danger of having their service shut off. After the notice has been sent, customers will receive a follow-up phone call from one of our collections account representatives.
There are a few ways you can verify the legitimacy of a call from a Liberty Power collections account representative:
1. It’s always a good idea to check your caller ID. All Liberty Power calls will show up with either our company name or our main phone number: 866-769-3799.
2. Liberty Power does not employ door-to-door reps for collections purposes. If you receive an in-person visit from someone asking for payment for a Liberty Power bill, do not give them any money.
3. Here are four pieces of information only a Liberty Power rep would know about your account. Ask them to verify any two of these four options to ensure you can trust them:
- Your service address
- Your billing address
- The invoice number and dollar amount their call is in reference to
- Your utility account number/utility meter number/ESI (These are all the same, but different terms are used in different states)
4. Ask the phone rep to send you a test email. All Liberty Power email addresses are first initial, last firstname.lastname@example.org. Ex.: email@example.com
5. If one of our representatives calls and is unable to reach you, they will leave you a detailed voicemail with their name and a call back number including their direct extension.
Our customers are our number one priority. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are investigating this scam and doing everything we can to stop it.
Liberty Power has been a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business since 2007. We have an A+ rating. This means we are dedicated to resolving all consumer complaints. We are 100% committed to making every experience your best experience.