Liberty Power News
For updated articles on a variety of topics including energy tips and savings, technology innovations, energy and your business, green advances and even a few Liberty Power updates (it is our company’s blog after all), please visit us at our new Blog location!
Phone Scam Alert! Liberty Power has received reports from several customers regarding a phone scam that tries to trick you into making an unnecessary bill payment. The scammers are telling customers their electric bill is overdue and their service will be disconnected unless an immediate payment is made via a prepaid debit card. If you receive a call with this request, please do not give them any money.
Please contact Liberty Power immediately at 1-866-769-3799 if you’ve received a call similar to this and provided financial information to the scammer during the call. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
“How can I identify a Liberty Power call?”
Before any service disconnection can take place, Liberty Power is required to send a written notice to any customer in danger of having their service shut off. After the notice has been sent, customers will receive a follow-up phone call from one of our collections account representatives.
There are a few ways you can verify the legitimacy of a call from a Liberty Power collections account representative:
- It’s always a good idea to check your caller ID. All Liberty Power calls will show up with either our company name or our main phone number: 866-769-3799.
- Here are four pieces of information only a Liberty Power rep would know about your account. Ask them to verify any two of these four options to ensure you can trust them:
- Your service address
- Your billing address
- The invoice number and dollar amount their call is in reference to
- Your utility account number/utility meter number/ESI
(These are all the same, but different terms are used in different states)
- Ask the rep to send you a test email. All Liberty Power email addresses are first initial, last firstname.lastname@example.org. Ex.: email@example.com
- If one of our representatives calls and is unable to reach you, they will leave you a detailed voicemail with their name and a call back number including their direct extension.
Our customers are our number one priority. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are investigating this scam and doing everything we can to stop it.
Liberty Power has been a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business since 2007. We have an A+ rating. This means we are dedicated to resolving all consumer complaints. We are 100% committed to making every experience your best experience.